I’m Nina Milton, and this blog is all about getting out the laptop or the pen and pad to get writing. My blogposts are focused on advice and suggestions and news for writers, but also on a love reading with plenty of reviews, and a look at my pagan life, plus arts and culture. Get all my posts as they appear by becoming a subscriber. Click below right...

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Yeovil LIterary Prize



I'm so proud and pleased that my student, Deborah Riccio, has won second place in the 2016 Yeovil Literary Prize.


She says…

screen-shot-2016-09-22-at-11-38-27
The moment I gave my character a name (it flew unbidden into my head) he became a widower working at Arrivals and Departures in a busy airport. I made him a curmudgeonly old boy who couldn’t get used to his rebranded title of Facilities Engineer. He’d never had a decent conversation in all the 40 years he’d worked at the airport. As the story opens, he’s five days away from retirement, and about to clean the disabled toilets.

Debs worked hard, and tapped her imagination, to create this story and she tells us how she did at the Open College of the Arts blogsite. 
You can read the entire post at weareOCA. CLICK ON  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for 'featuring' me at your kitchen table, Nina. I'd like to thank my fairy-tutor-mother for all her support and encouragement through this part of the course - of course ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment about this blog!